RSSA Final Exam
After successful completion of the 5-module online self-study RSSA Program, you will be eligible to register and take the RSSA Final Exam to obtain your RSSA designation. By passing the exam, you demonstrate that you have the knowledge and competency to provide Social Security income planning assistance to your clients. The exam must be taken while having an active membership with NARSSA, typically valid for 12 months after initial enrollment. Membership renewal after this time period regains access to the RSSA Program, RSSA Final Exam, RSSA Roadmap, and after passing the exam, RSSA Resources.
- The final exam is held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month.
- You must register 72 hours prior to the exam day, by midnight on Friday before a Tuesday exam.
- You will be prompted to register with NARSSA once you complete Module V.
- You will then be prompted to register with the proctoring company where you will pick the time of your exam.
- A practice exam for each part of the exam will be available once you register for the final exam.
- The final exam is closed-book, but you may use the RSSA Final Exam Reference Document while taking the exam. It can be found through the link when you sign up for the exam or in the Announcements section in your Member Center. We encourage you to be familiar with the information that is on the reference document.
- You may use a basic four-function calculator or your computer calculator. You may not use a phone calculator.
- You have a year from your sign-up date to complete the modules and take the final exam.
- Click here to learn what to expect from ProctorU on exam day.
Exam Format Details
- 80 multiple-choice questions on material covered in Modules I-IV.
- Requires a passing grade of 75% (60 questions must be answered correctly).
- 2 hours to complete Part I.
- Part I will be graded automatically after questions are submitted.
- If you pass, an optional 10-minute break is available before moving on to Part II.
- If you do not pass, you cannot proceed to take Part II of the exam. You may re-register and take the exam again at a future scheduled exam date.
- 2 Social Security case studies analyzed using RSSA Roadmap software, as in Module V.
- 20 multiple-choice questions for each case study.
- Requires a passing grade of 75% (15 questions for each case study must be answered correctly).
- 2 hours to complete Part II.
- Part II will be graded automatically after questions are submitted.
- If you pass, you have earned your RSSA credential – congratulations!
- If you do not pass, you may re-register and take Part II again at a future scheduled exam date.